Please view departure dates on detailed itinerary
Maun International Airport
Victoria Falls International Airport
Minimum of 2 passengers required for a departure
As prices fluctuate seasonally, please contact us for the most up to date prices…
Botswana Expeditions only accept children over the age of 12 years and no triples allowed.
Per Person Single = the amount payable per adult in a single room
USD = United States Dollar
- Double / twin / single accommodation
- Meet and Greet at MaunAirport
- All meals – from dinner on day one to breakfast on day ten
- A reasonable amount of bottled water, local wine, beer and soft drinks are included
- Road transfers during your safari ending at Victoria FallsAirport on day 10
- Seat on charter as specified: Maun / Nxabega / Khwai
- Waterborne/game viewing activities while on safari
- Elephant interaction during your stay at The Elephant Camp
- Tour of Victoria Falls – including entrance fee
- National Parks entrance fees while on safari
- Soft drinks, house wine, local beer, teas and coffees at The Elephant Camp
- Domestic airport tax within Botswana
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Personal Travel Journal filled with the highlights of your itinerary
- Gratuities and all items of a personal nature
- Meals and drinks not specified above
- Champagne, cognacs, cellar wines, cigars and cigarettes
- Local and premium branded spirits
- Sightseeing and excursions other than those specified
- Visas (please thoroughly check requirements, for the countries being visited, prior to travel)
- Scheduled flights to Maun and from Victoria.
- Departures are subject to a minimum of 2 guests travelling
- Serviced camping safari, suitable for reasonably fit people. Involves some walking and rugged conditions
- This safari travels with a maximum of 6 guests in 3 tents, in a specially customised 4x4 safari vehicle, and accompanied by an expert safari guide throughout
- The upper age limit for this safari is 70 years, however, guests between the age of 70 and 75 years may be accepted provided that they produce a medical certificate stating that they are fit to travel
- Minimum age limit is 12 years
*Please note that there is a 20kg luggage restriction on all charter flights. Luggage in soft bags only, no hard suitcases*
- Journey of discovery
- Mekoro and boat cruise in the Okavango Delta
- Private exclusive campsites
- Guaranteed window seat
- Victoria Falls
- Variety of habitats
- Sunset cruise on the ZambeziRiver
This safari commences at Maun International Airport in Botswana and ends at Victoria Falls International Airport in Zimbabwe.
Download Departure Dates: 10 Day Botswana Explorer Camping Safari
Day 01 & 02: Okavango Delta
Upon arrival at Maun International Airport you will be met by a representative, who will direct you to your light aircraft flight to Nxabega Airstrip, where a safari vehicle will be waiting to take you to the campsite. Explore the crystal-clear channels, islands and waterways by mekoro (dug-out canoe), and enjoy game-viewing walks on the islands.
Spend two nights at our campsite in a private concession area, bordering the Moremi Wildlife Reserve, with a complement of camp staff to cater for your needs.
Day 03 & 04: Moremi Wildlife Reserve
A short flight in a light aircraft will take you to Khwai in the North Gate region of Moremi Wildlife Reserve. The first protected area in Africa to be established by local people, the Reserve is rated as Africa’s most beautiful wildlife sanctuary. Spend two nights camping in the Reserve, with extensive and interpretive game-drives taking up your days.
Day 05 & 06: Chobe National Park – Savute
A long game drive (5 – 6 hours) takes you to Savute, renowned for lion and other predator viewing, where you will spend two nights camping next to the dry Savute Channel. Huge animal concentrations are attracted to this area and its artificial watering holes in the dry season.
Day 07 & 08: Chobe National Park – Serondela
From Savute, move up to northern Chobe (4 – 5 hours overland game drive), where you will camp for two nights in the Serondela area. This is the heart of elephant country and you may spend many hours watching the huge herds in and around the waters of the Chobe River on game drives or private boat cruises. Northern Chobe is renowned for its large variety of bird and animal life, beautiful scenery and magnificent sunsets.
Day 09: Victoria Falls
It is a short drive from Chobe National Park to Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe, where you can enjoy The Elephant Camp, after a tour of the Falls (entrance fee to the Falls is included in the safari fare). Enjoy a sunset cruise along the banks of the Zambezi river and view the spectacular scenery that is nature’s own sanctuary and home to the ‘laughing hippos’, ‘singing birds’ and the ‘snapping crocodiles’. This tranquil cruise offers exceptional photographic opportunities and delightful canapés and sundowners to toast the glorious African sunset. The Elephant Camp also offers close interaction with wildlife – in particular elephant at the Wild Horizons Wildlife Sanctuary. All guests staying at The Elephant Camp will have an opportunity to meet the Wild Horizons elephants.
Insider’s tips – The Elephant Camp
- Indulge in a relaxing spa treatment on the viewing deck of your suite, followed by a daring outdoor shower while taking in the distant views.
- Asks your hosts to arrange sundowner drinks (with their famous gin and tonic, of course) at the head of the gorge, whilst listening to the rushing waters of the Zambezi River far below.
Day 10: Departure
After a scrumptious breakfast at Elephant Camp, you will be taken to Victoria Falls International Airport by road.